What Is a Post Training Survey?
A post-training survey is showed after participants complete their post-training program. It include the questions and opinion of participants about their experience.
Why a Post Training Survey is important?
Post training survey is important for many reasons:
Feedback: it gives feedback from participants about their training program which is important for trainers and organization to learn how well they are doing and what need to be improved.
Effectiveness: it helps to understand the efficiency of training program, that how it is achieving its aim and objectives.
ROI: It helps to know the ROI (Return on Investment) of the training program by looking its effect on participants’ performance, efficiency and behavior.
Participant Satisfaction: It gives information about participants’ satisfaction with the training program, which can necessary to recognize what can be improved in training programs to make better future for participants.
Endless Improvement: It creates an environment of continuous improvement by giving data and visions which is used to polish and recover the training program over time.
Types of Post Training Survey Questions:
There are different types of questions in a post-training survey which depends on the aims of the survey and the type of training program. Here are some examples of the different types of questions that can be conducted in a post-training survey:
Measuring Scale Questions: participants can ask questions to rate different features of the training program on a scale, for example on a Likert scale or a numeric scale. In this, participants may be questioned to rate the value of the training resources, the effectiveness of the teacher, or the significance of the content.
Flexible Questions: in this participants can ask to deliver written information about their experience with the training program. Open-ended questions are better than rating scale because it can provide more exhaustive and complete feedback from participants but still both are time taking and difficult to examine.
Multiple-Choice Questions: These questions offer participants with several options to choose from. For example, participants may be wanted to select the most beneficial portion of the training program from a list of options.
Biographical Questions: participants can be ask questions to provide data about themselves, such as their age, gender, and job title. Biographical questions can help to recognize forms in the feedback based on different participant groups.
Behavioral Questions: These questions ask participants to explain how they can plan to perform their skills what they got in the training program in their practical or personal life. Behavioral questions can help to judge the efficiency of the training program that how they can control their behavior and movements.
These particular questions that are conducted in a post-training survey will depend on the aims of the survey and the type of training program which is being assessed.
Tips for writing your own post-training survey questions
Motivation: Keep the survey motivated on the particular aims and learning substances of the training program. Don’t ask questions that are not related to the training program.
Use vibrant and concise language: Use clear and summarized language so that it is easy-going for participants to learn. Don’t use technical jargon or difficult vocabulary.
Use rating scales: Use rating scales (e.g. Likert scales) to find the range, which participants satisfy or unsatisfy with questions about the training program. This will helpful in recognizing the feedback and label the areas for perfection.
Enter open-ended questions: entering open-ended questions allow participants to deliver complete feedback about their involvement with the training program. This can helpful in finding the opinions and ideas for betterment.
Avoid leading questions: Avoid asking questions that may prejudice the participants’ responses. For example, avoid those questions that take up the training program as efficient or assume a specific outcome.
Trail of survey: test the survey with a minor group of participants before you send it out to the whole group. It makes easy for you to identify any puzzling or uncertain questions and make any necessary changes.
To the point: Keep the survey to the point, short and focused, don’t include more than 10-15 questions. It will be easy for you to maximize the response rate and minimize the time and effort needed for participants.
Examples of post-training survey questions for Employees and Managers:
Here’s the list of the many types of post training feedback survey questions to ask:
- Can you understand the structure of the training process?
- The people in your group was efficient and well-organized?
- Do you agree with the order of the training events was it valid?
- Did you understand the content openly in the structure?
- What characteristics of the training’s structure do you think could be enhanced?
- Was the superiority of the course stable throughout the course?
- Define the quality of the content would you satisfy?
- Do you enjoy the content used in the training?
- Are you satisfy with the graphics (such as videos and audio files) all over the course?
- Was it easy to understand the language of the content?
- Describe the efficiency of the trainer in the presentation?
- Which parts you like the best in presentation?
- Did you feel any automation in presentation?
- What kind of speaker did you listen carefully?
- Was there enough audio or video elements in the presentation?
- Describe the duration of training was it too long or too short?
- Are you satisfy by using your time more effectively in training course?
- What is the time duration of your finishing the course?
- Did you get sufficient time for your test?
- Disclose your opinion about the duration of the course?
- Which trainer did you find the utmost cooperative?
- Did the trainer make conversation clearly?
- Did the trainer have sympathy with you?
- Did the trainer explained the content in detailed?
- Describe the passion of trainer throughout the training session?
- How is your experience throughout the training sessions?
- Was the session of the learning platform comfortable to understand and use?
- Was the training session easy and quick to get acquainted?
- Did you find the boundary of learning session in-built?
- Disclose your feelings about the design of training session?
- Did you get any errors during the session?
- Was the training content deliver on time or there was any delay?
- Did you get any broken links during your session?
- Did you download all the pages or documents easily without any delay?
- Did you face any difficulty in loading the videos or documents?
- Was the place of your training comfortable?
- From which place you get started your course?
- Did you get any interruptions during your course?
- Did you have a peaceful place to complete your training activities?
- On which device you have worked, mobile or computer?
- Do you think you attain your overall learning objects?
- Did you get new information during your course?
- Where you get yourself after training?
- Have you prepared for starting your new role?
- Tell your suggestions to make the training session more capable.
- Do you get clear understanding of the course’s topic
- What abilities have you got from the training course?
- Which mode do you prefer online training or in-person training mode?
- Which trainer guide you the best during your training session?
- How could we make our training course effective give suggestions?
- Are you satisfy from your training materials is it understandable and easy to learn?
- What is your accessibility to use the training materials is it easy to use?
- From which place do you hear your trainer clearly?
- How fast did your trainer respond to you during your training course?
- What is the visibility of font size and style of your course is it easy to see?
- Did you get the gamification features confusing throughout the course?
- Did gamification features help you in understanding the course?
- Did the gamification features make your course modest and easy to understand?
- Did the gamification features make your course modest and easy to understand?
- Would you like to display your name on the notice boarder or would you keep unidentified?
- How would you rate your trainer’s capability?
- How would you rate your trainer’s management skills?
- How would you rate the duration of the training session?
- Please rate effectiveness of your training activities?
- How would you rate the content of training course?
Post-training surveys are a valuable platform to collect feedback and understandings from participants who have completed a training course. It helps to figure out the areas of improvement in training course and helps in assessing the efficiency of training session.
While designing a post-training survey, it is significant to keep the certain aims of the training program in mind and the target audience. The survey should be according to the learning objectives, and should fulfil the questions to be ask.as well as questions that estimate participants’ satisfaction with the training and their overall involvement.
Survey gives you with a simple drag-and-drop boundary and a free of cost post training survey questions pattern. These surveys are diverse from the long, boring and mind-numbing surveys which we can see on internet. This survey provides you concise questionnaires about this training program. In short this survey makes easier our training course and make us learn our weaknesses and limitations.